Hosted Buyer Program
FREE Travel & Accommodations
For Planners Outside the Washington and Chicago Areas
You may be eligible for FREE airfare, lodging, and admission to DMAI's Destination Showcase Conference & Expos in Washington, DC (March 13-14, 2013), or Chicago (May 7-8, 2013). Now entering our fifth year, these two-day Hosted Buyer Programs are designed specifically for busy out-of-town meeting professionals who would not otherwise have the opportunity to attend these great events.
Why Should I Attend?
You'll receive a FREE Conference & Expo Pass—providing access to breakout sessions, a keynote luncheon, unlimited networking, chances to win great prizes, and the opportunity to earn CMP credit.
Plus, in exchange for meeting with sponsoring destination marketing organizations (DMOs) during pre-scheduled appointments, you will receive these exclusive Hosted Buyer benefits:
- Complimentary round-trip train or airfare to/from Washington, DC or Chicago*
- Two nights of accommodations at the respective headquarters or similar hotel, plus ground transportation between airport and hotel
- Two evening VIP networking events and reserved seating at the keynote luncheon
- A personalized itinerary—including small face-to-face "power meetings"—with participating destinations that best match your meetings' needs
What’s a DMO?
Destination marketing organizations (DMOs), also referred to as convention and visitor bureaus (CVBs) or tourism boards, provide unbiased information—at no cost to planners—to help you find the best values; learn about meeting facilities, exhibit space, and hotel room availability; and identify attractions and unique venues that best fit your group's needs.
Who Should Apply?
You may be eligible to participate if:
- You have significant influence or are a decision maker involved with site selection.
- Your group is currently planning one or more multi-day meetings, training programs, conferences, conventions, and/or trade shows outside of your home state, for which you have not yet secured a location.
- You have at least one specific meeting for 2013 or beyond that you would actively seek a destination for while attending Destinations Showcase.
- Your event requires a minimum guarantee of 100 rooms on peak night.
How Can This Be FREE?
The costs for your participation are covered by sponsors who value this opportunity to introduce their destinations and facilities to qualified meeting professionals. Sponsors get to meet face-to-face with a select group of interested planners and you get to learn about many great destinations in a single trip. It's a win-win!*
*Participants will be reimbursed up to $300 for round-trip train or airfare (receipts required) to and from Reagan National Airport (DCA) or Chicago/O’Hare International Airport (ORD). Must arrive prior to any scheduled activities. Please allow up to 30 days following the event for reimbursement.